What is it like to work at Fourth?
Fourth is no ordinary software business, we pride ourselves on the culture we have created and we work hard to ensure this is never compromised. Fourth is a place where our people want to work; where they enjoy and develop in their roles; where our people pull together to work as a team and ultimately be a company we are all proud to be a part of.
By developing innovative products, building relationships with our customers and enabling great careers; we are focused on building lifetime loyalty between Fourth, our customers and each other. The vast majority of us have worked within the industry; we believe we need to be passionate about and have experienced the industry in order to help our customers grow their businesses successfully.
When recruiting, we look for those who want to join our journey; those who want to be a part of our personality and culture; those who are professional; have energy, enthusiasm, and ambition, are entrepreneurial and those who can show they can live by our company values each day.
Working at Fourth provides an opportunity to build a successful career where our people develop and grow in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
About the role - Project Manager
We are looking for a highly confident and motivated individual with a proven track-record of running large projects. This individual will be responsible for running local or global implementations of Fourth’s solutions; from inception to completion, ensuring delivery meets contract specifications and timelines.
You will work closely with customers within the hospitality sector understanding their business and build great relationships acting as an ambassador for the company and our products.
The key responsibility of the Project Manager is delivery of the required project elements, within the specified timeframe, cost and to the required quality level. Ensuring that the project delivers the benefits presented in the Business case is also the responsibility of the Project Manager.
The Project Manager does not have formal reporting line responsibilities, but instead operates within a matrix management structure. Resources are assigned to the project from various operational teams as required to form the project team. The Project Manager manages and mentors the team within the project context.
- Delivery of the overall project within specified timeline and on budget, to the highest level of quality.
- Oversees the execution and completion of the implementation, managing the stakeholder expectations of the client ensuring they are in line with the original brief, scope, usability, CUI and functionality
- Realizing MRR and NRR associated with a customer’s contract at the earliest opportunity, without compromising quality, and maximizing profitability of each project
- Develop a reputation which is the conduit for developing further business from this client
- Ensure the delivery of the agreed and defined project deliverables
- Keep the Professional Services leadership team aware of project status through weekly management calls in addition to reaching out immediately when project is at risk
- Produce project documentation in line with Fourth’s methodology including, implementation plan, weekly reporting, stage reporting and risk register
- Sourcing of appropriate mentoring, support and advice on any aspects of the project where this is required
- Planning and monitoring of projects
- Produce as required plans and schedules for the Project, individual Project Stages and Exceptions with team managers and other key project personnel. Ensure that these are agreed by the client and steering committee
- Assess, control and manage the risks to the project, prepare mitigation and contingency plans
- Take responsibility for overall progress and resource deployment, including initiating corrective action where required
- Run change control activities, document variations and exceptions
- Communicate and report project progress, both within the firm and to client steering meetings (typically composed of C-level executives)
- Identification of lessons learned and production of the project closure report
- Project administration within incumbent project tracking tool for management reporting, work with the PMO to ensure that the wider business is kept aware of progress at necessary detail level
- Mediation between internal and external stakeholders; provide options for accommodating different perspectives and resolving disputes
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (PMP, Prince2), but more importantly the proven track record of delivering projects using these methodologies.
- Significant experience of delivering projects, which have been delivered to cost, quality and timescale.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people - external individuals, organizations and agencies.
- Experience of interfacing with senior management and C-level executive stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and direction when there is no direct line of command. Engender cooperation and communication rather than operating in hierarchical boundaries.
- Excellent project management skills including project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to adopt a holistic approach to planning encompassing cost, scope and benefits in the light of resource, constraints and risk.
- Familiar with project risk management techniques including formal reviews where risk is put in the context of business benefits and cost of delivery.
- Well-developed communication skills including extensive report writing skills and face to face interaction in both small and large groups.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to remain calm and focus on getting results within challenging timescales and stressful situations
- Strong time management skills and motivation – ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to manage a project budget
- End user experience of Salesforce.com