The latest set of figures indicate that the workforce has shrunk by more than a quarter, compared to the same period last year; however, December saw the fewest job leavers since May, indicating that the continuation of the furlough scheme is helping to protect and preserve a portion of jobs in the marketplace. The study reveals:
- There were 660,000 sector job losses over the course of the year
- There was a 28% drop in overall staff headcount compared to December 2019
- The hospitality workforce shrunk by 3.5% in December, compared to 4% in November
- The number of hours worked across the sector was 63% lower compared to December 2019
- Sector recruitment continues to stagnate, dropping by 43% compared to August-October 2020 levels
Download The Report
Complete the form below to download the report.
Congrats, your download is ready!
Click the download button to access your free resource.