Maintain Labor Compliance and Reduce Risk
Our intelligent software gives managers integrated tools that make it easy to configure labor rules that help ensure that your payroll, onboarding and schedules are compliant, your shift transactions are documented, and your labor costs are in control.
Effectively Manage Employee Labor Compliance
- Time & Attendance – Stay in compliance with your state and regional time and attendance regulations with features that integrate employee time scheduling and approved paid time-off data, and aggregate punch data that can be exported to third-party payroll providers like ADP
- Minors & School Schedules – Comply with your state and regional minor laws with direct access to local school calendars and features that prevent minors from picking up or swapping shifts that violate labor laws.
- Paid Sick Leave – Give your employees the ability to request both informal days off (without manager notification) and formal requests with advanced notice for time off.
- Meal & Break Mandates – Stay in compliance with your state and regional meals and breaks regulations with intelligent automated features that create, assign and track appropriate rules for both enterprise and individual restaurants.
Automate Compliance Training & State-Specific Certifications
- Employee Onboarding Training – Create one central online branded academy that provides everything needed to train, engage and develop your talent — including training new staff to understand your rules and work culture, and their specific jobs.
- Sexual Harassment Training – Add relevant employee training to your online academy that gets your staff up to speed on laws around on-the-job sexual harassment — and protect your establishment from a business-destroying EEOC lawsuit.
- Food Handler Certification – Ensure your staff members have proper safety training and licenses to serve food in compliance with the law. Receive 30/60/90 day notices when employees need to retake their certification courses and assign a date to take it.
- Alcohol Server Certification – Identifying exceptions keeps compliance in-check. Prevent managers from scheduling employees with an expired certification.
Avoid Expensive Penalties
Today’s restaurants have to juggle dozens of complex federal and state labor compliance issues—along with everything else it takes to keep their doors open and their businesses profitable. While food quality management, menu development, efficient ordering, and marketing planning are essential tasks in successful restaurants, labor compliance can’t sit on the salamander and get cold.
Employee Labor Compliance
Give your managers automated labor compliance capabilities to meet today’s increasingly complex labor compliance regulations.
Training & Certification
Customize your restaurant’s training program, monitor your staff members’ training progress, and create and deploy food handler and recipe training.
Electronically document and archive all voluntary shift transactions while giving your team members the freedom to manage their schedules.
Empower your managers to make scheduling decisions that comply with new predictive scheduling regulations with configurable labor rules, alerts, reporting and continuous electronic documentation.
Employees complete the process online, including all forms. Verification processes are streamlined through direct integration with E-Verify, and information flows through the system to avoid duplication and errors.
Employee Health Benefits
Ease the headache of managing health benefits for full-time employees with tools that track and report all of the complex government-required data — while preventing over-scheduling of part-time employees.
Built for Restaurants and Hospitality
The Fourth Platform has been serving this industry since 1999, so you can be confident that we have the depth of functionality you need. It’s restaurant and hospitality technology redesigned from the inside out.
KEN VON HOLTZ
General Manager, Texas Corral
“HotSchedules sends 90, 60 and 30 day notifications to both the employee and the manager that their certificate is going to expire. Without those notifications we may have scheduled that employee and been fined. Having the Certification Notifications helps keep everybody in check.”